The Aardvark Tapered Mill is ideal for drilling multiple high pressure plugs and cemented pipe. It can also be used for milling cement and cast iron.
The Aardvark Mill is not recommended for drilling new formation.
- Domed carbide inserts range in size from 5/16″ to 1/2″.
- Circulation ports from 5/16″ for motor applications to 1 1/4” for reverse circulation.
- Available in sizes 1 3/4″ to 8 3/4″ in 1/8″ increments.
- Bodies are manufactured from 4140 heat treated steel.
- Mill sizes from 1 3/4” to 8 3/4” in 1/8” increments.
- Carbide inserts range in size from 5/16″ inch to 5/8″ inch and are manufactured from special grade carbide for maximum durability.
- Full body design – no fishing for lost cones.
- Can be used for milling multiple plugs
- Unique design for rapid milling of composite plugs.
- Weight and RPM can be adjusted for maximum penetration rates without worry of bearing failures or damage to mill.
- CNC machined bodies and threads for accuracy.
- Same day shipping on most sizes.
- Custom sizes available will minimal lead time.
Recommended WOB: Lbs./In of Mill Diameter
- 3″-4″ 2,000-6,000
- 4″-5″ 3,000-6,000
- 5″-7″ 3,000-9,000
RPM – 80-120 400 motor
Have more questions about our mills? Visit our FAQ page.
The Aardvark Mill is available with the following pin connections:
Pin Type Make up Torque Ft/Lbs
1″ AMMT/MTDSI 410
1-1/4″ AMMT/MTDSI 630
1-1/2″ AMMT/MTDSI 960
2-3/8″ API REG 3,000-5,000
2-7/8″ API REG 6,000-7,000
3-1/2″ API REG 7,000-9,000
4-1/2″ API REG 12,000-16,000
2-3/8″ PAC 2,960
** All threads manufactured with hardened and certified gages except these.