The PDC Mill is used for milling extremely hard and abrasive materials.
Uses range from milling hard cement and sand to milling hard scales, such as barium scale.
The PDC Mill is not to be used to drill new formation or when any metal will be encountered.
- Circulation ports from 5/16″ to 1 1/4″
- Available in sizes 1 3/4″ to 8 3/4″ in 1/8″ increments.
- Bodies are manufactured from 4140 heat treated steel.
- PDC inserts for extended wear and abrasion resistance: 1 3/4″ to 2 7/8″ mills use 3/8″ PDC post type inserts, and 3″ to 8 3/4″ use 5/8″ PDC post type inserts.
- Ability to mill very hard cement and scales without changing mills.
- Full body design – no fishing for lost cones.
- Weight and RPM can be adjusted for maximum penetration rates without worry of bearing failures or damage to mill.
- CNC machined bodies and threads for accuracy.
- Same day shipping on most sizes.
Have more questions about our mills? Visit our FAQ page.
Recommended WOB: Lbs./In of Mill Diameter
- 3″-4″ 2,000-6,000
- 4″-5″ 3,000-6,000
- 5″-7″ 3,000-9,000
RPM – 80-120 400 motor
The PDC Mill is available with the following pin connections:
Pin Type Make up Torque Ft/Lbs
1″ AMMT/MTDSI 410
1-1/4″ AMMT/MTDSI 630
1-1/2″ AMMT/MTDSI 960
2-3/8″ API REG 3,000-5,000
2-7/8″ API REG 6,000-7,000
3-1/2″ API REG 7,000-9,000
4-1/2″ API REG 12,000-16,000
2-3/8″ PAC 2,960
** All threads manufactured with hardened and certified gages except these.